How do I obtain an enrollment verification?
The Office of the University Registrar maintains past and present student records, but does not verify future enrollment.
Current and former students may obtain enrollment verification certificates through the National Student Clearinghouse. These certificates provide proof of current and past enrollment to health and auto insurers, credit issuers, or others requesting proof of student enrollment. The Clearinghouse does not verify future enrollment periods.
You may access the Clearinghouse's secure and trusted site through your personal Banner Self-Service account. Follow these steps to obtain an enrollment verification certificate:
- Log in to Banner Self-Service
- Select the Student Services link
- Select the Academic Records link
- Select the Enrollment Verification from the National Student Clearinghouse link
- Select the Link to Clearinghouse button, which will open a new browser window
- Under the first option on the page (Obtain an Enrollment Certificate), choose “Current Enrollment” or “All Enrollment,” depending on the periods for which you need to verify enrollment at The University of the South
- Select “Obtain an Enrollment Certificate,” which will generate an enrollment certificate in PDF format
- Print the enrollment verification certificate to mail it or save the certificate to your computer to email it
- Log off of the Clearinghouse website, and close the Clearinghouse browser window
- Log off of Banner Self-Service
You may generate new certificates any time you need them. In addition to obtaining enrollment verification certificates, you may also view loan deferment notifications that the Clearinghouse has provided to your loan holders (lenders and guarantors), view your enrollment history on file with the Clearinghouse, view enrollment verifications that the Clearinghouse has provided on your behalf, and link to real-time student loan information (e.g. outstanding principal, next payment due, etc.).
Enrollment Verifications for Students without a Banner Self-Service Account
If you do not have a Banner Self-Service account, you may request enrollment verifications in person or in writing. Include the following information in your written request:
- Your name and current address
- The name under which you attended the University, i.e. a maiden name
- Student identification number or Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Years in which you attended or the year you graduated
- Name and specific address to which the enrollment verification should be sent
- Telephone number where you can be contacted during the business day if there is a question or problem regarding your request
Requests for enrollment verifications should be mailed or emailed to:
Office of the University Registrar Sewanee: The University of the South 735 University Avenue Sewanee, TN 37383-1000
If the case where an enrollment verification requires certification of non-directory information, such as a student grade point average, the request must include your signed consent to disclose such information.
The Office of the University Registrar verifies enrollment only for current or past terms of enrollment. Enrollments for a future term are processed after the first day of that term. The Office will indicate “anticipated enrollment” for future terms if a verification needs to be sent prior to the start of term.
Important Dates for College Students
Wed Jul 10 2019Last Day of Classes in the College Summer School
Thu Jul 11 2019Last Day of Classes in the School of LettersReading Day in the College Summer School
Fri Jul 12 2019Final Examinations in the College Summer School